What is Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)?
- TANF is a block grant program to help move recipients into work and turn welfare into a program of temporary assistance
- TANF was formally known as the ADC Cash Program and is also called Ohio works First (OWF) in Ohio
The four purposes of TANF:
- Assisting needy families so that children can be cared for in their own home
- reducing the dependency of needy parents by promoting job preparation, work and marriage
- preventing out-of-wedlock pregnancies
- encouraging the formation and maintenance of two-parent families
Apply for benefits online...