Ohio Document Standardization Guidelines
Ohio Revised Code Section 317.114 requires that the County Recorder accept for recording any document that does not conform to standardization guidelines, but shall charge an additional $20.00 ($10 for recorder’s services and $10 for the Ohio Housing Trust Fund).
The guidelines are as follows:
- Computer font size of at least 10 point;
- Minimum paper size- 8 1/2 x 11
- Maximum paper size- 8 1/2 x 14
- Black or blue ink ONLY;
- No use of highlighting;
- Margins of at least 1 inch of each side of the page and on the bottom;
- 3 inch margins on the top of the first page, reserved for Recorder, Auditor and Engineer;
- 1 1/2 inch margin on the top of each remaining pages.
This law does not apply to:
Any document from any taxing authority; Plats; DD214s, Any state or federal document, any document that existed before the effective date of this law.