- Facilities and Maintenance
Facilities and Maintenance
The Miami County Facilities and Maintenance Department oversees the Miami County Board of Commissioner’s facilities, properties, utility & energy needs, fleet operations, risk programs and safety services. The department manages 16 buildings comprising approximately 600,000 square feet and various other non-occupied structures.
The department is dedicated to providing a clean, safe and comfortable environment for the visiting public and county personnel.
The department functions include:
- Facilities Maintenance & Construction Projects - Responsibilities include facility and asset planning, overseeing construction projects, creating strategic plans, processing building maintenance requests for facility plumbing, electrical, elevators, general construction, fire systems, asphalt & concrete work and any other maintenance needs
- Fleet Management - Includes servicing and maintaining commissioner fleet vehicles and equipment and coordinating replacement schedules
- HVAC & Controls - This function is responsible for the county HVAC systems, preventative maintenance, software controls and outside vendor evaluations, selection and coordination
- Custodial & Grounds - This function oversees building housekeeping services, supply ordering, grounds care maintenance and vendor evaluation & selection
- Energy Management & Utilities - Includes energy conservation initiatives, utility tracking and participation in the County Commissioner Association of Ohio Energy Service Corporation Program
- Safety & Risk Management - Process includes employee safety initiatives, property risk assessments, inspections and participating in the County Loss Control Coordinators Association
Please note: Miami County Citizens having a concern or question regarding county roads including closures, drainage, signs, snow removal or mapping services should contact the Miami County Engineers Office at 937-440-5656.